June 17, 2013



the first photo series that really got to me was Sally Manns family pictures. they still put me in a certain kind of mood, and makes me want to stay there. as for my own family, Mikkel turned 14 in may and being the mother of a teenager, i hear myself saying things like, please come sit with us in the living room for a while, we wanna see your face! most of the time he doesn't want to pose in front of the camera anymore either. Evald still loves it. now we're looking forward to spending some relaxed days together with the both of them as the summer vacation is right around the corner. we're going to stay at home and as always take a trip to copenhagen. our more exotic travel plans will take place next winter. as it's during those dark and cold months we really need to get away from scandinavia to get a glimse of  the sun.

6 comments:

  1. Oh oh, I kind of feel I see what you mean; mine is 12 and mostly does some grumpy noises and faces in front of a camera, while Chiara loves it. Very nice pics, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chiara! thats a sweet name. and thank you. your comments always are very warming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waaaa 14... but you seem to be sooo young and cool :)
    It's quite "funny" to read your words...
    my 3 kids are younger (almost 7, 3 and a half and 20 months) and I tell them the opposite...
    sometimes I would like to stay in peace in the leaving room without having them around ;)
    anyway...
    I love those 2 pictures !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe i'm young for being the mum of a 14-year-old. i was only 19 when i become a parent. but, anna, i know exactly how you feel. with young children just ten minutes of reading the news paper alone is pure luxury. when thay are that small they just waana be with you, and don't really care what you do as long as you do it together, with teenagers you'll have to promise cinema tickets and pizza dates to get their attention. and even then, you knowvery well that they rather would have gone with their friends than with you. hahahaha. i even remember being like that myself. thank you for your comment!

      Delete
  4. ohh, I also love the photos of Sally Mann! And yes, you were young when you became a mother - like my mom :) I am 36 with two little girls (4 and 1 years), and I regret we didn't start much earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how old is the limit, in your eyes, to have a child? Sally Mann is the best :-) have you read the blog the road is home(it's in our blogroll)? reminds me of her, kind of.

      Delete